One of the best practices adopted by YPO for a healthy forum is the Forum moderator Development[ MTPO or Moderator training programme] This is a critical program because it not only teaches the necessary skills to effectively run a forum meeting, but it also gives the participants a sense of what forum can ‘feel ‘ like.
The Skills Learned Include:
- Best practices Meeting Format
- Understanding the key success principles and how they apply to your forum
- Dealing with difficult issues/situations/members
- Techniques to build an effective parking lot
- Maximizing the power of presentations
- Understanding the Resources Available to support Moderators
Who Should Attend?
This needs to be a mandatory experience for all incoming moderators.That being said it is quite useful for everyone in the forum to have this under their belt as it’s a great way to get up to speed quickly.